Turf Star RPR – Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass tolerates extremely heavy traffic with outstanding recuperative abilities, RPR provides excellent turf quality and appearance. Far outperforming traditional perennial ryegrass, RPR provides traffic tolerance with early establishment. Resilient and tolerant of tough summer conditions, when perennial ryegrass is the turf of choice, RPR is the ideal selection for your sport and recreational turf facility, golf course and active home lawn.
In 2009, Brarenbrug’s innovative research and development team introduced a unique, one-of-a-kind perennial ryegrass subspecies to the turf industry, RPR®. In January 2015, RPR received a utility patent #8,927,804. With recognition as a new turfgrass distinctly different than traditional perennial ryegrass, Barenbrug’s RPR varieties are now the first and only true turf-quality stoloniferum ryegrasses available.
Benefits of RPR Regenerating Perennial Ryegrass
- Perennial ryegrass with determinate-stolons
- Extremely traffic tolerant with a strong ability to quickly recover from extreme wear
- Turf of choice for all high traffic perennial ryegrass areas including sports turf, parks, school grounds and golf courses
- High endophyte content for improved stress tolerance and strong transition zone performance
- Strong disease resistance and insect tolerance